A Bibliophile's Fictional Bucket List




“Besides the alternate universe offered by a book, the quiet space of a museum was my favorite place to go. My mom said I was an escapist at heart . . . that I preferred imaginary worlds to the real one. It’s true that I’ve always been able to yank myself out of this world and plunge myself into another.” 
― Amy Plum, Die for Me
I have spoken again and again of the magic found between the pages of a paperback. The kind of magic that happens every time you read an exceptionally brilliant novel. Inspired by Jesse the Reader's Fiction Bucket List Tag vlog, I have compiled my own fictional bucket list.

DISNEY

  • Spend a fortnight in Beast's library with Bella.
  • Practice archery with Susan.
  • Travel to Neverland with the Lost Boys.

HARRY POTTER
  • Buy a Skiving Snackbox and a Self-Writing Quill at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.
  • Have a wand choose me at Olivanders.
  • Spend a semester at Hogwarts.
  • Wander around Hogsmede and Diagon Alley with the gang.
  • Gift Dobby a sock.
OTHER FICTION
  • Enjoy at night at Le Cirque des Reves.
  • Train with Celaena Sardothien
  • Fly with Manon and Abraxos.
Source
  • Party with Ronan and Kavinsky (Molotov Cocktail and Blazing Mitsubishi, optional) 
  • Ride in Gansey’s Camaro.
  • Join Mia Thermopolis and her mother to paint by throwing darts at balloons full of different colours of paint. 
  • Sleuthing and solving mysteries with the Famous Five.
  • Dance the night away at a ball at Netherfield (& maybe, meet Darcy?).
LET ME HEAR, YA:

What's on your fictional bucket list?

6 comments :

  1. You know you've covered quite a lot of bucket list topics. Yes yes yes to everything Harry Potter and oh, I always wanted to make abstract art by throwing darts at balloons like Mia and her mum.

    New reader to your blog. Enjoying it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I loved this post! This is why book bloggers are the best, they understand that magic does unfold inside of you when you finish an amazing book. I loved throwing darts at balloons with Mia Thermopolis and her mother and dancing the night away in the lavish balls found within Pride & Prejudice (who wouldn't want to find a Darcy?!) I would say I would want to travel in time, or between classes, with Hermione Granger and her infamous time turner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YES. These are all such goals of mine! I mean, what bookworm wouldn't want to spend a day in the Beast's library or visit Hogwarts? Love this post Nuzaifa and, as always, thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. DARCY PLEASE AKA ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A DARCY. I watched the film, and damn, now I want to read the book so badly because I have far too many feels

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be best friends forever with Belle <3
    I would also spend some time with Merida and Mulan, to learn some kick-ass moves.
    I just want to visit HP and then stay foreverrrrr. School doesn't sound so bad if you learn magic :D
    Fly with Manon, hell yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is such a cool list of things to do! I wish they could all happen for all of us! You covered so much I will have to think of some cool things to add to the bucket list!

    ReplyDelete

Words are powerful - Please use yours wisely.

I read and appreciate all comments, so do feel free to leave some comment love! :)